On this page we list our favourite restaurants (and where to find them), things to do in the local area and fiestas/events which are worth planning a trip for.
If you are more interested in exploring Andalusia, going on day trips and further afar please check our EXPLORE page.
PLACES TO EAT
For a general idea of local places to eat...CLICK HERE
Some of our favourite places with driving time.
CASA JUANI: (5 min) Fabulous Spanish restaurant serving continental and Spanish dishes (very generous sizes) and with one of the best views of Lake Iznajar. Also with a bar, if you only want to stop in for a drink. In the evenings they serve free tapas with drinks. Closed Tuesday >>SEE MAP
BAR VERDE: (10 min) English style and world food at this lovely restaurant in the town of Iznajar, run by English owners. Make sure you go on a Sunday afternoon for their delicious Sunday Roasts (only during the Autumn & Winter months). >>SEE MAP
RESTAURANTE EL CHARCON II: (8 min) The sister to Meson El Charcon, this one is located on Iznajar beach. Make sure you go down there for dinner to catch the spectacular Lake Iznajar sunsets. Servfes Spanish styled BBQ meats and fish. Try the BBQ chicken! Can be very busy during the weekend in summer months. >>SEE MAP
MESON EL CHARCON: (15 min) Absolutely delicious Spanish styled barbeque restaurant offering a large variety of meats all barbequed to perfection >>SEE MAP
VALDEARENAS RESTAURANTE: (9 min) Spanish styled food down on Iznajar Beach and lake. Make sure you go at sunset and enjoy one of nature’s most spectacular shows! >>SEE MAP
HOTEL RESTAURANTE CASERIO DE IZNAJAR: (7 min) Eat at the restaurant at Iznajar’s wonderful hotel with spectacular views over the lake. Good Spanish and continental menu and a large outdoor terrace. >>SEE MAP
BAR & RESTAURANT LOS PARAJITOS, Fuente Del Conde (20 MIN): Fun bar and fantastic choice of steaks >>SEE MAP
RESTAURANTE ARIXUNDA: (35 min) A little bit further but well worth the trip is this modern but traditional Spanish styled restaurant in the old square of Archidona. Lovely food, great presentation and tasty menu including great drinks. >>SEE MAP
THINGS TO SEE & DO
These are our top things to do around Iznajar. For places further a field click on EXPLORE
See the sunset from Iznajar Lake. Absolutely stunning!
- Spend a day at the beach on Lake Iznajar. You can canoe, paddle board, swim, sunbathe. The beach has umbrellas and sunbeds and serviced by two restaurants. >>SEE MAP
- Visit the 800 year old Castille in the town and discover Iznajar. From the top you will get spectacular views over the lake and surrounding area. Remember siesta is from 1pm – 5pm (ish), although you will be able to walk around the town, most of the shops and services will be closed.
- Go for a walk around the lake, visit the old bridge which is now exposed due to the falling water level (when I first came to Iznajar it was completely covered in water all the way up and beyond the old chimney stack).
Walk around Los Juncares…enjoy the views. A good short trip is to go left into the olive fields just at the garden, and walk straight up until you hit the road, than turn left and walk along the road…which comes around in a loop through the town of Los Juncares and back to the bottom of our drive away. It’s hard to get lost as all the roads loop around. Remember, you are free to walk in amongst the olive fields, you do not need permission and it is not considered trespassing, but respect peoples house boundaries.
- Hike up the side of the Iznajar hill. There are paved pathways and stairs you can walk from the bottom of Iznajar to the top via hillside steps. Warning…bring water and know your fitness level!
- Get sporty and visit the Iznajar running track and Olympic size swimming pool.
FIESTA’S & EVENTS